Fermentation is the conversion of sugars into alcohol. In this business, alcohol = money. The success of your finished product relies on the efficiency of the fermentation process. Moonshine University® is proud to present this class in conjunction with Wilderness Trail Distillery and Ferm Solutions.
• Are you converting all your available sugars?
• Are your yeast happy in the environment you’ve created for them?
• Is bacteria winning the war in your fermentation tank?
• Do your yeast grow lethargic and die off before the job is done?
• Are you getting the optimal yield from every set?
Take your product to the next level with this in-depth examination of the fermentation process with one of the country’s leading specialists, Dr. Pat Heist of Ferm Solutions and Wilderness Trail Distillery.
• Fermentation overview
• Feedstock (sources of sugar) and associated factors
• Milling and how it relates to fermentation
• Cooking and conversion
• Sweet mash versus sour mash
• Microbiology of yeast and methods for propagation
• Fermentation ingredients and limiting factors
• Biochemistry of fermentation (how yeast makes ethanol)
• Monitoring fermentation (testing methods)
• Cultivation and consistency of yeast
• Outside variables effecting the fermentation
• Bacterial fermentation
• Infections of fermentation
• Troubleshooting the fermentation
• Lab specs and micro of the fermentation
• Observation of the three stages of the yeast cycle (respiration, fermentation, sedimentation)
• Pitch their own fermentation to observe later during the course
• Observing and lab specs on a known fermentation started previous to course
• Yeast counting, viability and budding observations
• Troubleshooting/diagnosing known contaminated fermentations
TUITION: $1,995.00 USD
- All class-related materials
- Breakfast, lunch and refreshments daily
- Networking reception Monday evening
- Transportation between the Brown Hotel and Moonshine University