Welcome to the Moonshine U JOBS page!
Every once in a while, someone from the industry will reach out regarding an opportunity they have come across, or an opening they have, and this page enables us to share them with you!
Two things to keep in mind: 1, This page will be updated only with new content, so please be sure to check the date of any post you are interested in. 2, The point of contact listed is the person you should contact. In each case, we don’t know more about the position than what we have listed, and as such, would not be the best entity to reach out to regarding anything listed on this page. Each listing will contain the details as they are sent to us, and your best point of contact will be the person listed on the posting.
Thank you, and good luck out there!
Date of post: 01/29/2021
Company: Bernheim Distillery
Point of Contact: Conor O’Driscoll email@example.com
Job Title: Distillery Supervisor
Position: Part-time weekend supervisor
Date of post: 01/08/2021
Job Title: Head Distiller
Who We Are:
- Sourland Mountain Spirits, or “New Jersey’s Farm Distillery,” is a family-owned and operated company in Hopewell,NJ.
- We use farm fresh ingredients to produce award-winning spirits. Our flagship gin recently won gold and best in category from the American Distilling Institute for 2020.
- Our 5 core values are the pursuit of mastery, integrity, inclusivity, performance driven, and flair (adding a pinch of flavor to everything we do).
The Ideal Candidate:
- 3-5 years brewing/distilling experience
- Passionate about producing high quality products
- Creatively driven to explore new products and improve existing products
Head Distiller oversees the creation of spirits and/or liqueurs and is a senior position that involves a wide-range of responsibilities including, but not limited to managing staff, overseeing and planning production, product development, quality control, product testing, sourcing raw materials, and maintaining vendor and customer relationships. Head Distiller is responsible for creating and/or maintaining a set of standard operating procedures for the quality of the product that a distillery produces and works to ensure the production and maturation processes are working correctly to create an outstanding and consistent product.
- Manage the spirit-making team
- Takes on responsibility for managing the distillery’s production staff; must direct their actions and ensure the product is meeting quality guidelines
- Manage day-to-day operations of the still house and production
- Oversees every aspect of production including the sourcing of raw materials, malting, fermentation, distillation, maturation, blending and bottling
- Developing new products
- Improving the quality of the spirits produced by the distillery by creating a program which samples and records the quality of the product produced and works towards improving that quality and consistency
- Longer term liquid planning
- Barrel program management and oversight
- Maintain process documentation and ERP management
- Inventory control
- Supplier relationship management
- Understand the underlying scientific processes in the fermentation, distillation, aging, and packaging processes
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Brewing/ Distilling: 3 years (Preferred)
Date of post: 11/17/2020
Job Title: Spirits Production Assistant
CHEERS! Deutsch Family Wine and Spirits is currently seeking a Production Assistant (Spirits) for the Gray Whale gin, Redemption whiskey, Bib & Tucker whiskey and Masterson’s whiskey brands reporting to the Production Manager, Spirits. It is based preferably in KY, but location is flexible for TN/IN/OH. This role shall provide assistance to a changing lineup of brands as the Deutsch Family spirit portfolio evolves.
The Production Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Production Manager with production management and shipping of spirits production materials, with the key responsibilities as outlined below:
- Supervise the quality of all production elements and supplies
- Ensure spirit bottlings are scheduled and finished on time
- Meet with bottling partners on a regular basis to maintain working relationship
- Write purchase orders for new distillate purchase and scheduling
- Communicate with botanical vendors and farmers to secure spirits ingredients, which can be on a seasonal basis
- Partner with Supply Chain on delivery of finished goods to the correct warehouse or distributor in a timely manner
- Work with the Purchasing Manager to ensure that all packaging supplies are available, in specification and scheduled in a timely fashion for bottling
- Work with packaging partners to increase efficiencies and cost effectiveness in finished goods production
- Source and ship used whiskey barrels for delivery across multiple distilleries and wineries, both local and international
- Work with Production Manager and other internal stakeholders to ensure industry best practices and traditions are managed
- Manage custom service providers, co-packers and whiskey supply partners to ensure absolute quality is achieved for the packaging of the finished product
The successful applicant will have the following competencies:
- 2+ years of supply chain or production management experience
- 3+ years in the distilled spirits industry
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced working environment and the challenges of having to exceed deadlines and targets
- Strong interpersonal skills who is comfortable with the spirits industry and maintaining business partnerships
- A team player who enjoys solving problems, is solution oriented, and communicates efficiently
- Strong organizational and negotiation skills and a proven ability to plan ahead and prioritize workload
- A passion for delivering excellence in a cost-effective way
- Comfortable in a corporate yet artistic environment
Point of Contact: You can apply directly on this ADP site: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=0aef268a-2e6a-41a6-91c1-d9d1f0220da3&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=387321&source=CC2&lang=en_US
Date of post: 2/6/2020
Point of Contact: Martin Toft, 4 Hands Brewery – firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Distiller – 1220 Spirits/4 Hands Brewing Co.
1220 Spirits, a division under 4 Hands Brewing Company, located in St. Louis, Missouri is looking for a passionate Head Distiller to join our growing team. We currently produce 1220 Origin Gin and have an assortment of spirits, including but not limited to: vodka, seasonal vodka, seasonal gins, amaro, aperitif, liqueurs and canned cocktails. We are looking for a motivated and responsible employee that will help us grow our business!
This position will be an integral member of the team. This individual should be flexible to changes in their responsibilities, hardworking with a ‘can-do’ attitude, and consider themselves to be a team player. This team member is responsible for assisting in the development of 1220 Spirits product’s by creating and developing various craft spirits, distillation planning and execution, overseeing production, managing inventory, and regulatory compliance.
- Manage the day-to-day cycle of production, keeping the production schedule in line with all orders and distribution schedules
- Maintain all equipment owned and operated by the company
- Clean and rinse equipment used for the production of spirits
- Assist in all production aspects, including mashing, fermenting, and distilling spirits, as well as bottling, labeling, and packaging finished products
- Assist in lab analysis, sample cataloging, and track compliance data for all distilled spirits produced on site
- Assist in filling, weighing, gauging, labeling, and placement of barrels
- Order production materials based on needs and budget constraints
- Assist in data entry into ERP software to ensure accurate and up-to-date records for storage, production, and processing of all spirits
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs unassisted, or 100 lbs with assistance.
- Must be capable of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, and completing repetitive motions. Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Willing to complete any other task deemed appropriate for the Associate by the Management team
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school or equivalent, College education preferred
- Education pertaining to chemistry and/or microbiology is a plus
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years of distillation experience
- Proven ability to work with little to no supervision and be able to follow directions precisely
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Drive
- Strong mechanical background is a plus
- Forklift experience
Salary and Benefits
- This is a full-time, salaried position with competitive pay
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- 1 week paid sick leave
- Health insurance
Date of post: 8/16/19
Point of Contact: Emily Kuhn, Human Resources – email@example.com, 317-602-3702
Job Title: Distiller
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Production – Carmel
Purpose: The Distiller is responsible for day-to-day distillery operations and deals with all aspects of production, from processing raw ingredients to bottling finished product.
- Perform all aspects of distillery production, including processing raw materials, mashing, fermenting, distilling, filtering, blending, proofing, barreling, and bottling
- Operate all distillery equipment, including mill, cooker, fermenters, still, and packaging machinery
- Assist in developing new product recipes and creating samples for cataloguing
- Receive grain shipments of corn, rye, and barley; ensuring quality prior to acceptance
- Inventory raw ingredients, schedule deliveries, and forecast production needs
- Test and analyze consistency, flavor and quality of product routinely using Q/C lab equipment
- Communicate regularly with the Head Distiller on progress and issues
- Utilize precise calculation, measurement, and process control in spirit blending and bottling/barreling
- Maintain accurate paper and electronic production logs to record every process operation, including raw material processing, mashing, distilling, dumping/blending, barreling, and bottling
- Clean and sanitize all equipment and production work spaces
- Follow appropriate safety guidelines relevant to all distillery operations
- Perform regular maintenance of distillery equipment and machinery
- Interact with public and private guests within the distillery environment
- Complete other general duties within the distillery, as needed
- Superior trouble-shooting and mechanical problem-solving skills
- Strong organization and record keeping skills
- Obsessive attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Ability to work long hours and strong work ethic
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work independently
- Ability to lift heavy materials (up to 55 lbs.)
- Comfortable working from heights and in confined spaces, with temperatures up to 100F
- Valid ATC server’s permit and forklift certification
High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience
Minimum 1 year experience distilling required
Experience in beverage manufacturing industry preferred
The Distiller reports directly to the Head Distiller for all distilling operation needs.
Date of post: 7/16/19
Point of Contact: Maria Echeverry, Gulf Coast Distillers
Contact Details: firstname.lastname@example.org
POSITION: MASTER DISTILLER
REPORTS TO: OPERATIONS MANAGER
OCCUPATION DESCRIPTION: Plan, direct, and coordinate the work activities and resources necessary for the production of distilled spirits, based on customer requirements and resource availability. Manage the day-to-day operations of the distillery, including sourcing raw materials, malting, fermentation, distillation, maturation and aging. Develop and formulate new products. Analyze the production conditions in order to optimize processes and efficiencies and to reduce costs. Determine the optimal blending and preparation formulas to obtain the maximum benefit of the available spirits.
- Detailed technical knowledge and experience in all aspects of the distilling industry: water management, formulation, proofing, testing, mashing, fermentation, distillation, blending, aging and maturing.
- Familiarity with raw materials (grains, enzymes, yeast) and formulation based on the desired flavor profile.
- Extensive understanding of the scientific theory and principles related to the production of distilled spirits, and the chemical reactions involved in the process.
- Experience with the production and handling of white and aged distilled spirits, including Vodka, rum, whiskey and liqueurs.
- Preferred experience with production using both: pot stills and column stills.
- Experience with the selection and handling of various types of barrels.
- Experience with formulation and development of distilled spirits products.
- Extensive understanding of the various types and classifications of liqueurs and spirits according to the US and international regulations, and experience to produce them with consistent quality batch after batch.
- Understanding of the legal rules and guidelines from TTB for the operation of a distillery. Follow all the regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Experience with recordkeeping of distilled spirits production operations.
- Knowledge and management of yields in the distilling operations, to obtain the highest possible production with the right combination of ingredients, times and processes.
- Understanding of KPIs and metrics.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources management, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Strong knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, calculus, statistics and their applications to the solution of problems.
- Knowledge of strategic planning and operation strengthening.
- Knowledge and experience in supply chain management and logistics.
- Knowledge and experience with inventory management.
- Knowledge and experience with production scheduling, resource allocation, operations research and optimization techniques.
- Knowledge and experience with food quality, GMPs, HACCP, audit requirements and documentation. SQF experience is desired.
- Knowledge and experience with safety regulations and emergency management in a manufacturing environment.
- Sensory skills – Advanced skills for the organoleptic analysis of distilled beverages.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Engineering background is desirable.
- Teamwork – Able to lead a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer skills – Excellent computer skills. Proficiency using advanced applications on MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook).
- Problem Sensitivity – The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. Ability to solve the problems.