MU Summer Internship Opening
Summary: Operate distillery functions in conjunction with class and production schedule. Will mash, ferment, and distill all products that will be used for Moonshine University activities. Ensure cleanliness of Grease Monkey Distillery and Moonshine University. Assist in product development for Moonshine University clients. Will aid in classroom set up and operations.
Title: Distillery Intern
Reporting to: Distillery Operations Manager, Director of Spirits Education
Department/Team: Moonshine University
Responsibilities for Food Safety: None
Training Required by Moonshine University: Confined Space Entry, Lock Out/Tag Out, Forklift, TiPS
Back-Up Staff: Clay Smith, Operations Manager
Required Skill Set: Capacity to learn the technical skills needed to safely and effectively operate a craft distillery. Ability to learn the distilled spirits industry. Ability to speak to students intelligently about the distilling process and spirits industry. Function as a hospitable part of the team for classes and guests. Strong work ethic and organizational skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. repeatedly throughout the workday. Must be able to fit in the man-ways of equipment.
- Catalog distillate inventory, replenish distillates when necessary.
- Distillery maintenance/cleaning
- General cleaning
- Distillery operation
- Production operations at Grease Monkey Distillery to include:
- Distillation (stripping/spirit runs)
- Barrel filling/dumping
- Monitor and maintain equipment
- Preparation & clean up for classes
- General cleaning of classroom, distillery, conference room, and kitchen
- Professionally represent the brand at classes and receptions
- Assist in teaching when appropriate
To apply please contact Colin Blake, Director of Spirits Education