Kobe Desmet and Moonshine University instructors
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: Register by June 20, 2019, for 3 nights at the Brown Hotel included with tuition.
Check-in date: 7/10/19, check-out date: 7/12/19
Tequila. Mezcal. Agave Spirits. What is the difference? Join us to find as we explore one of the most regulated distillates in the world.
What is Agave?
- A discourse about the plant and its meaning throughout history.
The different species of Agave
- Agave Tequilana
- Agave Angustifolia
- Agave Americana
- Agave Karwinskii
- Agave Durangensis
- Agave Inaequidens
- Agave Maximilliana
- Agave Potatorum
- Agave Salmiana
- Hands-on distilling of agave syrup spirit
- Source material tasting
- Pump to still
- Heads, hearts, & tails
- Sensory training
- Recap on different agave-based beverages, production styles, and differences
- All class-related materials
- Breakfast, lunch, and refreshments daily
- A networking reception, the evening following the first day of class
- Transportation between the Brown Hotel and Moonshine University