Distilling Operations 201 – June 13-15, 2018
This class is not for beginners. As such, the pre-requisite for attendance is Moonshine University’s 6-Day Distiller Course or proof of attendees’ valid DSP.
INSTRUCTORS: Pete Kamer, Randy Allender, and Moonshine University instructors
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: Register by May 23, 2018 for 3 nights at the Brown Hotel included with tuition.
Check-in date: 6/12/18, check-out date: 6/15/18
You asked for it, and we’ve delivered: Three days in the distillery with Pete and Randy. This three-day advanced course is for distillers who understand the basics and are looking for in-depth instruction on day-to-day craft-distillery operations. Led by two industry veterans with over 50 years of combined operations experience, attendees will examine the entire production process from start to finish. Equipment selection, maintenance and troubleshooting, best practices for distillate production, product development and evaluation techniques, post-distillation processing, blending and bottling, sanitation and safety will all be covered in detail.
Class size will be limited to 10 attendees to ensure ample opportunity for hands-on learning.
- Classroom Instruction
- Hands-on training in distillery
To provide professional distillers with the day-to-day, technical training and practice of distillery and equipment operations.
- Students will gain a technical working knowledge of distilling equipment, including boiler, chiller, cooker, fermentation tanks, pumps, and still.
- Students will know how to perform maintenance checks and safety protocols on equipment.
- Students will learn to troubleshoot issues throughout the production process, including milling, cooking, fermentation, and finishing.
- Students will learn technical aspects and best practices for processing and finishing goods, including filtration, barreling, proofing, blending, and bottling.
Out of stock