Reasonable Adjustments Policy
Moonshine University strives to maintain the best learning environment for all students, recognizing that some students may have special needs that require reasonable adjustments or accommodations to be made so they are not unduly disadvantaged compared to other students.
A reasonable adjustment will be considered so long as they do not give a student an unfair advantage.
A reasonable adjustment may involve:
- Change standard assessment arrangements (e.g., allowing extra time)
- Adapt assessment material (e.g., larger font)
- Provide a facilitator (e.g., sign language interpreter or reader)
- Re-organize the room (e.g., removing visual stimuli for an autistic candidate)
Requests for reasonable adjustments must be made at the time of enrollment to allow for necessary preparations to be made to accommodate. All records of Reasonable Adjustments will be included in Student Records
All reasonable adjustments requests will be determined of necessity by WSET and not by Moonshine University itself.
Special Considerations Policy
Moonshine University strives to maintain the best assessment environment for all students, recognizing that some students may have been disadvantaged during assessment due to temporary illness, injury, indisposition, or adverse circumstances.
Special considerations will be concerned as long as they do no give a student an unfair advantage.
Cases for special consideration include:
- Performance on assessment was affected by circumstances beyond the student’s control (e.g., recent personal illness, accident, bereavement, or examination room conditions)
- Alternative assessment arrangements previously agreed upon proved to be inappropriate or inadequate
- The application of special consideration would not mislead the user of the certificate as the candidate’s attainment
Requests for special consideration must be made within five (5) days of the assessment date and must be supported by independent documentation. All records of Special Considerations will be included in Student Records